Monday, March 2, 2009

Ashley Douglas Pro-Promethium

I have not had much experience with smart board. I have seen them used but not much personal use. I know you can show anything on it that you have on your computer. I know it has limited free writing abilities. Not really sure what else it can do.

I love the Promethium board. I have seen an entire lesson prepared and it has endless possibilities. You can:
Record a lesson on the promethium and have a sub show it later if you are sick
This includes any thing you circle, write in, websites visited (I think)
Record your voice so you are talking over what is happening on the board.
You can use the internet with it, or to upload anything
You can do interactive activities with it
It can be used like a white board just to write notes on
It is interactive with hand held devices.
You have little hand pods they can answer questions (a, b, c, d)
You can fade from one picture to another
Add picture effects
Add sound effects
Text effects
You can write, highlight, bold (just tones of stuff)

It probably does a ton more but this is all I can think of. It great and can do amazing things. I told my husband I loved it so much that if I could not get a grant for one I would be buying one for my classroom even if it was with my own money. It can deepen any child’s experience with any topic or subject (if used to its fullest potential) to depths most teachers can’t reach with just a book and transparencies.

No comments:

Post a Comment