Sunday, March 29, 2009

chapter 11

The first section that caught my attention was on page310 in the little green box. It talks about Exploring Writing in the Real World. I believe this speaks volumes. I have heard countless teachers in clinical and in my own classes say this is the best way to truly get students involved in writing. If you make the writing real and with purpose then they will invest more of them self into the writing and have more quality writing because of it. I truly think this is one of the most successful ways incorporate writing in the classroom.

The next section is on page 314. This section talks about guiding student writing or plan their writing. This section gives examples on how to do this in a proven successful manner. I really relate to this section because I don’t know how to write in any other way then to plan before I write. I can even relate this to class because even when we began our writing the other day we did a brainstorming before we began. I do think children should be taught how to do this before they are asking to produce a long work of some type.

The last section was on the page 316 which relates to the previous paragraph. This section is on Brainstorming and Goal Setting. This section just basically goes through and explains how to do brainstorming. This section just really stood out to me because I use concept maps every time I get a chance. I am a very visual learner and I really was excited to get to teach a concept map for math this semester. I know how much it really helps me and I was happy to know that I could teach others which may help them to be more successful in their school career.

2 comments:

  1. Writing about something that the students can relate to in the real world does speak volumes.An example of this is the things Dr. Bishop had us choose from to brainstorm and write about. I would not have any idea what to write about if he had not given us topics to choose from. Young students especially need topic choices that they can relate to in order to write something worthwhile and with meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (cir 411 course posting, march 30, 2009).
    how to steal a post

    ReplyDelete